SCPA Announcement Page: Click Here
To view the Official CVHS SCPA website: Click Here
Welcome to the School of Creative & Performing Arts (SCPA)
SCPA Director: Deborah Nevin
SCPA Secretary: Belinda Elizondo
SCPA Office Phone: (619) 476-3377
SCPA Fax: (619) 427-5824
Office Hours: 7:30am – 2:30pm
About the SCPA Program
The SCPA Music Dept. has received recognition from the GRAMMY Foundation four consecutive times. No other school in San Diego County has achieved that! Only 100 schools among the 18,000 public high schools are recipients of this annual award!
- The SCPA has received three CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BELL awards over the past 26 years! The SCPA has been designated a San Diego County BEST PRACTICE IN EDUCATION!
- SCPA received the top commendation from the most recent WASC visiting committee.
- SCPA received high marks from the most recent CCR visiting committee.
- The Chula Vista High School band, orchestra, and choirs regularly perform at Disneyland.
- The band travels to San Francisco each Spring.
- Our guitar and orchestra programs have doubled in size in the past 12 months!
- Our Visual Arts Department visits art museums on the East Coast every other year.
- The Main Attraction is regarded as one of the top show choirs in Southern California and was recognized as winner of the 2007-08 Grand Championship Show Choir competition.
- Our choirs and Mariachi Chula Vista have traveled both nationally and internationally.
- New Renaissance and Silhouettes have received numerous awards and travel each Spring.
- Mariachi Chula Vista has performed in many festivals throughout the Southwest as well as Guadalajara, Mexico, and were featured on the front page of the New York Times Spring 2005.