About Chula Vista High School
Chula Vista High School Site Profile
Chula Vista High School, established in 1946 at Brown Airfield in Otay Mesa and now located on the west side of Chula Vista, is a shining star in the sunny city of Chula Vista, California. Its School of Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA) is a standout program that provides students with opportunities to explore and excel in various art forms, such as visual arts, music, theatre, and dance. In the past four years, SCPA students have earned numerous accolades, including two national championships for the dance team, acceptance into top music schools across the country, and selection for prestigious art exhibitions.
Chula Vista High School is also known for its exceptional athletics program, with teams in various sports consistently making it to the playoffs and even winning championships. The school’s baseball and softball teams have made it to the playoffs in recent years, and the girls’ soccer team has won three consecutive league titles.
Academically, Chula Vista High School is consistently ranked among the top schools in the district, and its students have been accepted into prestigious universities like Stanford, Cornell, MIT, UC Berkeley, and UCLA.
Compared to other schools in the district, Chula Vista High School offers a unique combination of excellent academics, strong athletics programs, and an outstanding SCPA program. Its reputation for excellence in all areas makes it a top choice for students and parents. If you’re looking for a high school that provides exceptional opportunities for artistic expression, athletic success, and academic achievement, look no further than Chula Vista High School.
Chula Vista Senior High School’s Vision and Mission Statements
The mission of CVH, an academic and artistic community that celebrates its traditions, spirit and diverse culture, is to ensure all students realize their highest aspirations through a system distinguished by:
- Exciting, unprecedented opportunities for student involvement
- Creative and artistic expression
- State-of-the-art technology
- Academic rigor across the curriculum fostering lifelong intellectual curiosity
- A climate of respect, fairness, equality, and security promoting individual confidence and responsibility
- A culture of collaboration between school, family and community
- A proactive network of student support
- I. We will expand existing support systems and create new systems to ensure student success and well being.
- II. We will welcome and strengthen family and community involvement.
- III. We will integrate and utilize state-of-the-art technology throughout our Spartan community.
- IV. We will provide a challenging, diverse curriculum through effective and innovative instructional practices to ensure student
- V. We will engage all students in activities that develop their character, interpersonal skills, and sense of self-discovery.
School Tradition: Do The Right Thing
CVH focuses on the five A’s of Spartan Excellence: Attitude, Athletics, Academics, Artistry and Attendance, and 30 percent of the student population is enrolled in the School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA- click HERE to log onto the SCPA Official website).
Known by the community-at-large as a legitimate Home of Champions (HOC), the community believes that students leave CVHS prepared to be successful citizens and that we can accomplish what other schools cannot – Chula Vista High School does it right.
Rich traditions based on clearly articulated core values of fairness, equality, personal responsibility and high expectations for all students which help provide equal access to success. Upon graduation, many people come back to teach where they were taught. We currently have over 30 employees that were graduates of CVHS.
Basic traditions consist of wearing Blue and White every Friday throughout the year, participating in the activities held on the Big Lawn during lunch, NEVER stepping on the Spartan Seal.