- You need your ID Card to check out textbooks. Keep it with you at all times.
- Do not make any marks in or on any of your books or fold the pages. If you do, you will have to fix it or be charged a fee. Do not leave your books anywhere, especially in the classroom. If they are lost or stolen you will have to pay for them. The average price is $100.00 each.
- Keep your books dry. If your book gets wet, open it and let it dry completely or it will get moldy. If your book gets moldy, we cannot give the book to another student and you will be charged for the entire book. Take care of your book. If it gets damaged in any way, you will be charged for it.
- Thank you for being a responsible student here at Chula Vista High!
Fines to cover repair or replacement of library or textbook materials may be charged if the materials are abused during the time the student was responsible for the materials. These fines are rare and are usually assessed when a book is water damaged, the binding is ripped, a picture or other item has been cut from the book, or damage due to ink, crayon, pencil or pen has occurred.
- 19910 – Malicious Cutting, Tearing, Defacing, Breaking or Injuring Library Property
- 19911 – Willful Retention of Library Property
- 48904 – Willful Misconduct; Limit of Liability or Parent or Guardian Withholding Grades, Diplomas or Transcripts of Students Causing Property Damage or Injury, Transfer of Permanent Enrollment and Scholarship Records
- 53069.5 – Reward for Information Concerning Person Causing Death, Injury, or Property Damage; Liability for Reward
- 1714 – Responsibility for Willful Acts and Negligence; Contributory Negligence
- 1714.1 – Liability of Parent/Guardian or Act of Willful Misconduvbe by a Minor
- 1714.3 – Liability for Parent/Guardian for Injury to Person/Property Caused by Minor Under Fifteen