About Chula Vista High School
Chula Vista High School Site Profile
Established in 1946 at Brown Airfield in Otay Mesa, Chula Vista High School is now located on the west side of Chula Vista. Our proud 64 year old campus displays the beauty of school spirit, and excelling academics We are extremely proud of our state of the art Performing Arts Center and renovated Library.
Chula Vista Senior High School’s Vision and Mission Statements
The mission of CVH, an academic and artistic community that celebrates its traditions, spirit and diverse culture, is to ensure all students realize their highest aspirations through a system distinguished by:
- Exciting, unprecedented opportunities for student involvement
- Creative and artistic expression
- State-of-the-art technology
- Academic rigor across the curriculum fostering lifelong intellectual curiosity
- A climate of respect, fairness, equality, and security promoting individual confidence and responsibility
- A culture of collaboration between school, family and community
- A proactive network of student support
- I. We will expand existing support systems and create new systems to ensure student success and well being.
- II. We will welcome and strengthen family and community involvement.
- III. We will integrate and utilize state-of-the-art technology throughout our Spartan community.
- IV. We will provide a challenging, diverse curriculum through effective and innovative instructional practices to ensure student
- V. We will engage all students in activities that develop their character, interpersonal skills, and sense of self-discovery.
School Tradition: Do The Right Thing
CVH focuses on the five A’s of Spartan Excellence: Attitude, Athletics, Academics, Artistry and Attendance, and 30 percent of the student population is enrolled in the School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA- click HERE to log onto the SCPA Official website).
Known by the community-at-large as a legitimate Home of Champions (HOC), the community believes that students leave CVHS prepared to be successful citizens and that we can accomplish what other schools cannot – Chula Vista High School does it right.
Rich traditions based on clearly articulated core values of fairness, equality, personal responsibility and high expectations for all students which help provide equal access to success. Upon graduation, many people come back to teach where they were taught. We currently have over 30 employees that were graduates of CVHS.
Basic traditions consist of wearing Blue and White every Friday throughout the year, participating in the activities held on the Big Lawn during lunch, NEVER stepping on the Spartan Seal.