- Emphasize exercise and good nutrition.
- Spend more quality time with your teens
- Monitor online activity
- Talk to your kids and maintain open lines of communication
- Be a good role model
- Set and enforce rules
- Be a good listener
- Catch your teen doing good
- Get help if your teen is struggling
There are a many resources listed below to help parents raising tweens and teens
- Family Resource Centers in the Sweetwater District have many resources for parents and families.
- Southbay Community Services: Offers families a variey of supports and resources including emergency shelters, housing support, domestic violence emergency response, health and mental health services, and parenting classes.
- San Ysidro Health and Teen Clinic (Chula Vista locations including mobile unit at CVH): Services include family medicine, dental, urgent care, pharmacy and behavioral health. See CVH nurse for appointments at our mobile clinic or visit website to make appointments.
Tips for Raising Teenagers:
Academic achievement data for schools and districts are available online:
- AYP Reports can be accessed on the CDE AYP Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/ay/index.asp
- API Reports can be accessed on the CDE API Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/ap/
- Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) data can be accessed on the CDE STAR Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sr/
- CELDT Accountability Reports can be accessed on the http://celdt.cde.ca.gov/
- CAHSEE Accountability Reports can be found on the CDE Web Page at http://cahsee.cde.ca.gov/